News

July 17, 2012: Enoby emerges from the blood-soaked shadows of Hogwarts' forbidden corners to officially join in our poking of a certain elephantine preppy man.

October 5, 2011: Spring cleaning.

July 17, 2011: After weeks of inactivity and a pretty epic smackdown, Ryuu takes his forum offline. Oh shucks.

1.2.09

Introduction: Dr. (_____)

Good evening, I am Dr. (_____) (that's pronounced " blanc' " if you'd be so kind), and it is time once again for that glorious exercise in boredom/tedium, introductions!

First off I, the astoundingly dense Dr. (_____), shall provide you all answers to the questions which are no doubt bursting forth from the very depths of your mind!

Q: What the hell is up with the way you talk?
A: It's mostly a way for me to work myself up into typing up an article. It's fun typing like an obnoxious blow-hard, that and it works my natural tendency to ramble off topic out of my system. Again, it's mostly a bit of fun with words and such to get me started with the more dry and less fun writing

Q: Why don't you like Ryuu?
A: I can only speak for myself of course, but I don't have anything against Ryuu himself. I mostly feel that his work could do with improvement, in some areas more than others, which is NOT a very welcome position to take from what I've seen whilst lurking and digging around in various forums. Regardless I'm here to expose flaws, and not because I'm some kind of hater.

Q: Why Ryuu specifically?
A: Mostly because that's who got picked as the subject of this blog. There's worse artists/writers than him floating around sure, no doubt. There's also better artists too. Ryuu, despite his problems, has potential for drawing, and I feel its currently wasted.

Q: Wasted how?
A: By his stubborn insistence that taking an existing character and changing things makes it original for starters, and I will, elaborate on that seeing as those are pretty harsh words.
Ryuu isn't without potential as far as drawing goes, he merely needs to address some very key issues in originality and technique, again such issues will be elaborated upon in their own articles.

Q: Why you then?
A: Because I've taken enough art classes and done enough sketches to be well acquainted with proper artistic technique. Niceties such as depth, lighting, proportion, etc. While I may not be the best artist ever, I'm nevertheless fairly well informed about what makes good art on a technical level, much in the way a food critic could have excellent taste, but not be the best of cooks himself. Trust me when I say that I do not criticise anything about Ryuu's work that I do not criticise in my own work, as I am consistently my own worst critic.
And that should just about cover it as far as introductions are concered, so until next time I, the outrageously nosy Dr. (_____), shall bid you adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment